Ibec/TU Dublin CPD Certificate in Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt)
Technological University Dublin Programme Overview
This intensive, highly interactive programme will teach you the Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools through engaging simulation exercises, hands-on practical challenges and the application of the Lean Six Sigma principles to solve real-world problems. The programme is delivered by an experienced Master Black-Belt.
TU Dublin Level 7, CPD Special Purpose Award (7 ECTs)
The focus of this programme is to ensure that participants have the skills, confidence and practical experience to successfully deliver Lean Six Sigma Projects capable of delivering average saving of €20,000. Participants will first develop a deep working-knowledge of the Lean Six Sigma methodology through worked examples, live experiments and practical case-studies. Participants will then select and implement a real-life Lean Six Sigma project within their own organisation.
To ensure participants are successful, mentoring and coaching support from the course instructor is included in this programme to help participants apply their learnings, complete their project and earn their Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt) Certification.
At the end of the training course participants will be able to:
This programme is for:
Senior leaders and managers who are responsible or sponsor productivity, cost reduction and quality improvement activities, or managers from service and manufacturing businesses seeking to transform their processes and departments, or operational, quality, project and continuous improvement professionals looking to deepen their expertise, or employees seeking to work on business transformational projects.
- Understand the concept of Six Sigma and the DMAIC approach to process improvement
- Understand the tools involved in the Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control phases
- Understand the use of the tools in characterising processes, analysing process data, solving problems and controlling processes
- Use the key tools to solve practical business problems with an average saving of approximately €20,000
- Lead local Six Sigma project teams or assist Black Belts to deliver tangible business results on larger projects
Prior Lean or Six Sigma experience is not required to attend this course.
Duration - 7 days
Post-Classroom (up to 8 weeks)
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma, the DMAIC framework, Define phase: Business Case, Inputs/Outputs, Problem Statement, Stakeholder Analysis, Project Charter
- Measure phase: Process Flows, Data Types, Measurement Plans, Measurement System Analysis, Sources of Variation, Pareto
- Analyse phase: Waste/Muda, Brainstorming, Cause & Effect diagram, 5 Whys, Prioritising Tools, Special Cause Variation, Effort/Impact Grid, Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), Value Add Flow
- Improve phase: Improvement Plans, Pilots, Before & After data Analysis, Hypothesis Testing, 5s
- Control phase: Control Charts, Control Plans, POKE YOKE, Benefits Realisation
- Facilitation Skills, Practical Data Analysis Skills, Running Kaizen Events
- Managing Lean Six Sigma Projects, Change Management, Presenting Lean Six Sigma Projects
- Complete real-life Lean Six Sigma project
- Mentoring and coaching support to complete project and presentation
- Submit presentation of real-life Lean Six Sigma project
As part of programme participants will complete an online Green Belt certification test in addition to submitting a project. Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will earn a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate and a Level 7 CPD Special Purposes Award, 7 ECTs from Technological University Dublin.
- Closed-book, online exam MCQ – 50%
- Project Presentation – 50%
|Ibec, Dublin||7 October - 15 October 2019|| |
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.
Course Fact File
- Course fee:
Member rate: €2,400
Non-member rate: €2,600
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here