This programme provides participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out fair and complete investigations under the HSE Trust in Care Policy. It specifically focuses on the practices and procedures to be followed if an investigation into a complaint of abuse of a patient/client by a staff member is needed.
On completion of the programme, participants will:
- Understand the current best practice approach to dealing with issues in the area of conducting investigations under the Trust in Care Policy
- Be able to conduct fair and impartial investigations under the Trust in Care Policy
- Understand the need for fair procedures when conducting such investigations
- Be able to write clear and concise investigation reports
- Understand the key interpersonal skills required of the investigator
- Ensure that the organisation is compliant with the Trust in Care Policy when carrying out investigations
This is a one-day programme. There are a number of activities and case studies as part of the course to ensure that the key knowledge and skills are practiced.
The programme is delivered by experienced Ibec Executives who provide members with advice, consultancy and training on a daily basis. Participants are encouraged to express their views and experiences. Case studies and exercises will be used to ensure a real practical understanding of each topic.
Who Should Attend?
Health service and social care employers, HR practictioners in the health and social care service sector, managers, supervisors, team leads working in the health and social care service sector.