Board Effectiveness and Best Practices Workshop
In today’s boardroom, attention is increasingly focussing on the effectiveness of the board and its capacity to continuously improve as a high-performance team. A highly effective board of directors makes a significant contribution to the success of the organisation beyond its statutory requirements and is a powerful source of added value for the company, its shareholders and stakeholders.
This engaging and interactive workshop, utilising extensive case-studies, is built on a combination of proprietary and international research, best practices and philosophies. It engages participants in understanding the challenges faced by the majority of boards, the characteristics of effective and high-performing boards (including procedural, structural and behavioural dynamics within the board and between the board and management) and facilitates directors in focusing on how they might improve their board by working more closely as a team.
This programme is for:
Non-executive and executive directors, company secretaries and senior executives/management who have regular interaction with their board and directors.
● Leadership from the Chair
● Board’s leadership on culture, values and behaviours
● Board composition, diversity and succession planning
● Meeting focus, dynamics and decision-making
● Board information management, quality and flow
● Oversight of strategy and performance
● Oversight of governance, risk management and internal
● Quality of partnerships between executive and nonexecutive
● Performance evaluation culture
● Crisis management
● The board as a high-performing team
No training dates available at the moment.
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.
Course Fact File
- Course fee:
Member rate: €300
Non-member rate: €350
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here