MSc in Applied Management and Leadership
Technological University Dublin This exciting new MSc programme is focused on developing the critical areas of management, HRM and leadership, with a particular focus on applying best practice in these areas, in the real world
MSc in Applied Management and Leadership Level 9 on the QQI National Framework of Qualifications
Managing and leading others are vital competencies for successful managers to develop and apply in their organisations and careers. Regardless of the level you are at within your organisation, we believe all those with responsibility for other people, need to build their own strengths, style and approach as they manage processes and lead people to achieve their best performance. The programme delivery is based on a practical, innovative, action learning approach which is designed to make a real impact on the confidence, knowledge and learning of all participants.
The practical focus which underlies the overall programme design concentrates on the personal and professional development of participants by honing their analytical, conceptual and interpersonal skills and building a detailed understanding of the tools and frameworks to support advanced management leadership capability.
Participants will learn how to:
This programme is for:
- Lead others through change, while understanding the psychology of different approaches within the team, ensuring they work to their own strengths
- Apply the latest thinking and research on effective planning and putting systems and processes in place that work
- Create a strategic HRM plan for their area of responsibility which builds on the core principles, models and best practice in employee relations and industrial relations law and practice
Participants interested in pursuing a career in senior management, become an expert in contemporary best practices and deepen their understanding of managing and leading others to achieve high performance, while bringing about real change in their organisations. The programme is aimed at managers from all business sectors who are experienced in leadership roles or planning to move into such positions and who recognise the value of leading and managing others and who want to build their competence, knowledge and strengths in these critical areas.
36 day part time delivery over 18 months. The programme is delivered in three 6-month semesters
: Ibec, 84/86 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2 |TU Dublin, College of Business, Aungier Street, Dublin 2
- Leading change & transformation
- High performance management practices
- Contemporary leadership theory & practice
- Guest speakers and experts from industry
- 1:1 leadership coaching
- Case study method
Module 1: Management
- Management & Organisational Behaviour
- Employee Motivation Theory & Application
- Dynamics of groups, teams & organisational effectiveness
Module 2: Human Resource Management
- Strategic HRM Theory & Practice
- Performance Management & Coaching
- Employment Relations & Employment Law
Module 3: Leadership
- Contemporary Leadership Theory & Practice
- Organisational Change & Transformation
- Strategic Theory & Application
Participants should have a minimum 2.2 grade, honours (level 8 NFQ) degree in a relevant discipline. Participants with significant work experience, but without the requisite qualifications may be considered under a Recognition of Prior Learning Process. Those applying through the Recognition of Prior Learning route may be called for interview
For more information, please contact our Programme Director, Claire Jones, e: email@example.com
| 01 605 1502
No training dates available at the moment.
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.
Course Fact File