Ibec/TU Dublin Diploma in Mediation Skills
Technological University Dublin Level 6, Special Purpose Award, 20 ECTS
Accredited by Mediators Institute of Ireland at Certified Membership Level
Who should attend?
The Diploma is suitable for participants who are looking to improve their knowledge and skills in the area of mediation, whilst gaining an accredited qualification. It would suit those with an interest in strategic management, employee relations, operations, supplier management, and particularly customer and staff relations.
- To introduce participants to the concept of mediation and its use in settling arguments, disputes and conflict
- To develop an understanding of the process of mediation and the various tasks involved in each step
- To understand the principles involved in effective mediation
- To learn and practice a range of skills for effective conflict resolution and to gain an insight into one’s own approach to conflict
- To become more confident as a mediator building a personal style and approach
- To consider how best to introduce mediation into an organisation and what structures and policies need to be constructed
On completion of the programme, participants will:
The approach of this twelve day workshop will be highly interactive and practical. Participants will be encouraged to express their views and to discuss their own experience.
- Explain the differences between mediation, arbitration, conciliation and other approaches to dispute resolution
- Describe the process and skills involved in mediation, and have demonstrated this in practice
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of using mediation
- Understand the behavioural differences between individuals and how conflict is dealt with in different ways
- Know the characteristics necessary for effective mediators
- Understand and practise an ethical approach to mediation
- Plan the introduction of mediation at a strategic and operational level
- Develop and improve personal skills of communication, coaching and dealing with conflict
- The presenter is an experienced practitioner who will relate the learning to real-life conflict.
- The use of practical exercises, case studies and role-plays will ensure a high degree of participation and self-learning.
- A flexible approach will be used throughout and priority will be given to the interests and learning of the group.
|Ibec, Dublin||Oct 1, 15 : Nov 5, 19 : Dec 3, 2019 : Jan 21: Feb 4, 18 : Mar 3, 24: Apr 7, 21, 2020 || |
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.
Course Fact File
- Course fee:
Member rate: €3,200
Non-member rate: €3,500
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here