Are you minding your business? Have you really positioned it for long-term profitability? Many believe that Corporate Governance is a set of rules for listed, regulated and large multinational companies but this is missing a trick. This seminar will provide you with an understanding of the true meaning of corporate governance, it’s scope, significant benefits and consequences of not getting it right.
Who Should Attend?
Owners, directors and senior managers who need to understand more about the corporate governance area.
Duration: Half Day
The programme aims to be interactive, combining theory with practical examples and providing plenty opportunity to share and discuss challenges and issues of relevance to your business.
- The context, evolution and meaning of Corporate Governance
- The Director and the Law - Legal and Regulatory Framework
- Who are the directors? Duties and liabilities.
- The Board’s role in Corporate Governance
- Boundary tensions – the different roles of Direction, Management and Ownership
- Board Structure and composition factors
- Effective Boards – what do they do and what do they look like?
- Corporate Governance Codes – International influences
- Dos and Donts as a Director – how to protect yourself
- Effective Board Meetings and Board evaluation – why Boards fail
- Stories from the frontline - Director Dilemmas and corporate governance failures
|Ibec, Dublin||July 9, 2019|| |
|Ibec, Dublin||October 18, 2019|| |
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to 5 days prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.
Course Fact File
- Course fee:
Member rate: €300
Non-member rate: €350
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here