Getting Data Protection Ready
Principles of data protection and GDPR
Employers’ data protection
- Key definitions and scope
- Processing of personal data
- Risk based implementation
- Sanctions and compensation
Employees’ data protection rights
- Data protection by design
- Data retention
- Policies and procedures
- Data security – legal obligations
Monitoring, CCTV and the right to privacy
- Rights for individuals
- Data access
- Right to compensation
Data protection and the recruitment process
- CCTV, biometrics and GPS tracking
- Email and internet monitoring
- Data protection impact assessments
- The importance of policies and procedures
- Pre-employment medicals
- The provision of and reliance on employer references
- “Confidential” opinions
- Garda vetting
Management issues and data protection
- Processing medical data
- Who may access the contents of medical reports and related documents?
- Are instructions to the medical practitioner accessible to the employee?
- Is an employee entitled to refuse to divulge the outcome of a medical examination?
Those attending this event can gain a Certification of Completion from Ibec Management Training for CPD points
- Grievance and disciplinary processes – access to witness statement
- Is the complainant entitled to be advised of disciplinary sanction?
- Performance management processes
What will you learn?
The General Data Protection Regulation, a ground breaking piece of data protection legislation, came into force on 25 May 2018. It will have a significant impact on every HR practitioner as it enhances data protection rights of employees, imposes onerous obligations on employers and introduces severe financial penalties for non-compliance.
Now is the time to get GDPR ready and take steps to prepare. To help you do this, we will provide you with detailed insight into the implications of the GDPR, advising particularly on the considerations which are most relevant to HR practitioners.
|Ibec, Dublin||July 31, 2018|| |
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Course Fact File
Donegal, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Waterford
- Course fee:
Member rate: €330
Non-member rate: €400
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here