CPD Certificate in Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt)
DIT Programme Overview
The intensive, highly interactive programme will teach you the Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools through engaging simulation exercises, hands-on practical challenges and the application of the Lean Six Sigma principles to solve real-world problems. The programme is delivered by an experienced Master Black-Belt.
During the first 5 days participants will develop a deep working-knowledge of the Lean Six Sigma methodology through worked examples, live experiments and practical case-studies. Days 6 & 7 will focus on successfully applying these learnings to the real world. Participants will then use these skills to solve a real-life problem in their business.
At the end of the training course participants will be able to:
DIT Level 7, CPD Special Purpose Award (7 ECTs)
This programme is for:
Senior leaders and managers who are responsible or sponsor productivity, cost reduction and quality improvement activities, or managers from service and manufacturing businesses seeking to transform their processes and departments, or operational, quality, project and continuous improvement professionals looking to deepen their expertise, or employees seeking to work on business transformational projects.
Prior Lean or Six Sigma experience is not required to attend this course.
- Understand the concept of Six Sigma and the DMAIC approach to process improvement
- Understand the tools involved in the Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control phases
- Understand the use of the tools in characterising processes, analysing process data, solving problems and controlling processes
- Use the key tools to solve practical business problems
- Lead local Six Sigma project teams or assist Black Belts to deliver tangible business results on larger projects
Duration - 7 days
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma, the DMAIC framework, Define phase: Business Case, Inputs/Outputs, Problem Statement, Stakeholder Analysis, Project Charter
- Measure phase: Process Flows, Data Types, Measurement Plans, Measurement System Analysis, Sources of Variation, Pareto
- Analyse phase: Waste/Muda, Brainstorming, Cause & Effect diagram, 5 Whys, Prioritising Tools, Special Cause Variation, Effort/Impact Grid, Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), Value Add Flow
- Improve phase: Improvement Plans, Pilots, Before & After data Analysis, Hypithesis Testing, 5s
- Control phase: Control Charts, Control Plans, POKE YOKE, Benefits Realisation
- Facilitation Skills, Practical Data Analysis Skills, Running Kaizen Events
- Managing Lean Six Sigma Projects, Change Management, Presenting Lean Six Sigma Projects.
At the end of the course on Day 5 participants will complete an online Green Belt certification test. Upon successful completion of this test, participants will earn a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification. At the end of day 7, and having completed a successful project, participants will be awarded a Level 7 CPD Special Purposes Award, 7 ECTs from Dublin Institute of Technology.
- Closed-book, online exam MCQ – 50%
- Project Presentation – 50%
No training dates available at the moment.
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Course Fact File
- Course fee:
Member rate: €2,400
Non-member rate: €2,600
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here