Ibec/DIT CPD Managing People Programme
DIT Programme Overview
The objective of this programme is to enable front-line managers to deal more effectively with people at all levels within the organisation and to act with greater confidence.
On completion of this programme, participants will:
Level 6, Special Purpose Award, 5 credits
Who Should Attend?
Front-line managers, supervisors and those preparing for promotion into a managerial role.
- Understand and appreciate the full extent and importance of your role in managing people.
- Improve your interpersonal skills to enable you to deal more effectively with people at all levels within the organisation and act with greater confidence.
- Acquire the key tools for managing people through a practical approach to skills development in such areas as motivation, managing problem behaviours, counselling, assertiveness and negotiations.
- Develop an appreciation of grievance and disciplinary procedures and improve your effectiveness in handling issues in these areas.
- Gain an overview of the key areas of employment legislation and become more confident when dealing with queries in relation to these.
Duration: 4 Days
Ibec has designed this programme with particular emphasis on the development of practical skills. The programme consists of four modules in order to enable you to practice the skills required. All presenters on the programme are practitioners who deal with a variety of real-life situations on a daily basis. Extensive use is made of practical exercises, case studies and role plays to secure a high level of participation and self-learning. You are encouraged to express your views and experiences. A large proportion of the time is spent discussing issues to ensure a thorough understanding. Actual case histories are used to draw up the case studies
and role plays.
A flexible approach is used throughout the programme and priority is given to the demands of the group.
- Managing Performance
- Interpersonal skills
- Employment Legislation
- Industrial Relations Institutions
- Giving Feedback and Managing Problem People
- Discipline and Dismissals
- Counselling and Coaching
- Employment of Staff
- Conflict Resolution
|Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork|| October 16, 17, 23, 24, 2018|| |
|Ibec, Waterford||October 18, 19, 25, 26, 2018. || |
|Ibec, Galway||November 22, 23, 29, 30, 2018|| |
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Course Fact File
Cork, Donegal, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Waterford
- Course fee:
Member rate: €1,900
Non-member rate: €2,100
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here
You may also be interested in:
2 Day Programme
DIT Level 6 - 4 Day Programme
DIT Level 6 - 12 Day Programme