Getting Data Protection Ready
- Principles of data protection and GDPR
- Scope of GDPR and data protection law
- Key definitions
- Processing of personal data
- Risk based implementation
- Sanctions and compensation
- Employers’ data protection
- Data protection by design
- Data protection by default
- Data retention
- Policies and procedures
- Data security
- Employees’ data protection rights
- Enhanced rights for individuals
- Data access request
- Right to compensation
- Monitoring, CCTV and the right to privacy
- Background to data protection/privacy
- Monitoring CCTV, GPS, Email and Internet
- Company policy
- Data protection and the recruitment process
- Pre-employment medicals
- The provision of and reliance on employer references
- “Confidential” opinions
- Case studies
- Medical examinations
- Processing medical data
- Who may access the contents of medical reports and related documents?
- Are instructions to the medical practitioner accessible to the employee?
- Is an employee entitled to refuse to divulge the outcome of a medical examination?
- Management issues and data protection
- Grievance and disciplinary process
- Who may access witness statements?
- Is a complainant entitled to be advised of a disciplinary sanction
imposed on a fellow employee?
- Covert recording of meetings
- Performance management
- “Calibrating” performance outcomes
Those attending this event can gain a Certificate of Completion from Ibec Management Training for CPD points
What will you learn?
The General Data Protection Regulation, a ground breaking piece of data protection legislation, came into force on 25 May 2018. It will have a significant impact on every HR practitioner as it enhances data protection rights of employees, imposes onerous obligations on employers and introduces severe financial penalties for non-compliance.
Now is the time to get GDPR ready and take steps to prepare. To help you do this, we will provide you with detailed insight into the implications of the GDPR, advising particularly on the considerations which are most relevant to HR practitioners.
No training dates available at the moment.
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Course Fact File
- Course fee:
Member rate: €330
Non-member rate: €400
* Cost quoted per person
- Pay by credit card online here