The Claims Management one day programme will focus primarily on the prevention of accidents but shall also cover aspects of systems and arrangements to manage health and safety to ensure “due care” and minimise the potential for employer liability claims.
Who should attend?
HR professionals, safety officers, line managers, or those with a similar responsibility for employees and operations.
Duration: 1 Day
The programme is delivered by experienced Ibec Executives who provide members with advice, consultancy and training on a daily basis. Participants are encouraged to express their views and experiences. The programme facilitates participant discussion to ensure a thorough understanding of the key points and their application. Real life case studies and exercises will be used to ensure a real practical understanding of each topic.
- Case law; lessons from successful defences
- Prevention methods to ensure reduction in accident incidence in the workplace including:
- The principles of accident and incident causation
- The legal and best practice approaches to intervention if an employee has an accident at work including :
- The Injuries Board
- Practical accident and incident investigation
- Report writing
- Deciding the best approach for claims management
- Providing a appropriate mechanisms for retention of employees who may have experienced injury
- Workplace Safety Code
Did you know that all Ibec members* can avail of significant savings on all Ibec Training courses
* Make sure you have your username and password details
Course Fact File
Cork, Donegal, Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Waterford
- Course fee:
Member rate: €275
Non-member rate: €350
* Cost quoted per person
You may also be interested in:
Our 3 day Safety Officer and Coordinator course may be of interest to you.
Our 10 day HETAC Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety may be of interest to you.
Our Managing Safety for Line Managers course may be of interest to you.